Bhakti-yoga: the love culture
In all of the many things we do in the name of devotional service (bhakti-yoga), it is of the foremost importance that we bring ourselves back to the principles that must underline our efforts:
1. The object of practice is to succeed in love (sadhya-bhava).
2. The means are methods of effecting contemplation on love's object--God (Krishna).
3. The means must be pleasing to Krishna, and free of enmity.
4. Desirefulness in life or for emancipation in death, stand against love.
5. The love culture grows in favourable company.
There many things to be done, but they will not constitute bhakti if you fail to become Krishna conscious; and that being something internal only you alone can gauge.